Anhui Jianzhu University is the only multi-disciplinary university in Anhui Province featuring civil engineering disciplines. It was founded in 1958 and is located in Hefei City, Anhui Province. The school is a university jointly established by Anhui Province and the Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development, an excellent university for evaluating the undergraduate teaching level of the Ministry of Education, a provincial construction unit for granting a doctorate, a national university for implementing the “Education and Training Plan for Outstanding Engineers”, a national model unit for conservation-oriented public institution, a national advanced unit for social practice of college students, a provincial advanced unit for talent work, a provincial advanced unit for excellent teaching management, a provincial advanced unit for employment work, a provincial model unit for employment work of college graduates, a provincial advanced unit for logistics work in colleges and universities, and a civilized unit in Anhui Province.
There are 12 colleges and 61 undergraduate majors in the school, covering seven major disciplines of engineering, management, science, art, literature, law and economics. There are more than 19,000 full-time undergraduates and more than 1,000 graduate students. There are more than 1300 teaching and administrative staff, including 960 full-time teachers. Among the full-time teachers, there are more than 420 with professional and technical titles above the deputy senior level, more than 850 with master’s degree or above, 12 with doctoral supervisors and 260 with master’s supervisors. It has one national “one million talents project”, one Anhui “one hundred talents plan”, one national famous teacher, 15 provincial famous teachers, one national teaching team, seven provincial teaching teams, five provincial scientific and technological innovation teams, 14 provincial academic and technological leaders, six teachers enjoying special subsidies from the State Council and seven teachers enjoying special subsidies from the Anhui provincial government.
AHJZU has 11 first-level disciplines, 46 master’s degree programs of the second level disciplines, 7 professional degree program categories, 10 professional degree programs, 8 provincial key disciplines , 1 national engineering laboratory, 7 provincial key laboratories, 1 provincial engineering laboratory, 13 national and provincial engineering (technology) research centers and 1 provincial international technical cooperation base. More than 1.6 million paper books and 3 million electronic books are now available in the library.
Closely relying on the advantages of broad civil engineering disciplinary, AHJZU actively serves the local economic and social development and forms many academic teams and science & research directions in the key area of energy conservation & environmental protection, urbanization & Anhui style architecture, underground engineering, public security, advanced building materials and so on. During recent years, AHJZU has hosted national science & technology support plans, national science & technology major projects, sub-subjects of 973 plan, over 200 national projects of natural science fund & social science fund, 700 national and provincial subjects of science and research and won 70 national or provincial awards of science and technology, of which there are 4 national second prize for progress in science and technology and 1 prize for golden prize in innovation and patent in China.
Sticking to running school by quality, AHJZU has been deepening the reform of education and teaching, establishing and perfecting quality control system, implementing quality engineering and making great achievement. In recent years, AHJZU has 18 national projects of quality engineering and over 600 provincial projects of quality engineering, of which 1 national second prize for teaching achievement, 5 provincial outstanding awards for teaching achievement and 10 provincial first prize for teaching achievement. AHJZU has 4 national construction programs of characteristic specialty, 1 national excellent course, 18 provincial excellent courses, 1 national demonstration course of bilingual teaching, 1 national planning course, 1 national innovation experiment area of talent training mode, 2 national demonstration centers of experiment teaching, 2 national new engineering projects and 2 national virtual simulation projects.
AHJZU has 25 science and research institutions such as energy conservation institution, architecture science research center and Anhui style architecture research institution. AHJZU has become a base to cultivate senior engineering applied talent with the spirit of innovation and practice ability with the help of many school-run enterprises such as research institute of architecture & design, design institute of geotechnical survey, design institute of urban planning, project management company, Jianyuan Decoration Engineering Co., Ltd. and so on.
AHJZU enrolls student from 24 provinces and cities. In recent years, the quality of students has been much better year by year. The admission line of national college entrance examination and the employment rate of graduate students rank top of the Anhui provincial universities. Its graduates are widely welcomed by employers. AHJZU has carried out a comprehensive quality education, put the improvement of talent quality in prominent position, strived to cultivate high quality applied talent with good virtue, innovation spirit and practice ability. The students have won more than 800 awards provincially or nationwide in competitions such as national college students’ mathematical modeling competition, electronic design competition, robot soccer game competition, “challenge cup” competition, intelligent building competition, “CCTV cup” national English speaking contest and other competitions related to architecture, planning, structure design and so on.
AHJZU is active in developing international cooperation and academic exchange and has established a close relationship with oversea universities such as Central Michigan University, University of California, Riverside, Albany, New York State University, Dresden Technical University, Swansea University, Nizhniy Novgorod State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering, Hanseo University as well as some universities in Taiwan, such as National Taiwan Normal University, Ming Chuan University and Tunghai University. We have achieved huge progress in joint student-teacher cultivation, academic exchange and scientific and research cooperation among teachers, sino-foreign cooperation in running schools and other aspects. AHJZU is the sino-foreign cooperation school running unit recognized by the Ministry of Education.
II. Recruitment Targets
Full-time undergraduates, postgraduates and non-academic students
III. Recruitment Majors
Language for teaching
Chinese or English
IV. Basic Conditions for Enrollment
(I) Requirements on educational background
1. Students applying for bachelor program study should have a diploma equivalent to that of China’s high school.
2. Students applying for master program should have a diploma equivalent to the bachelor’s degree of Chinese university;
3. Students applying for further study should generally have a diploma equivalent to that of China’s high school.
(II) Requirements on language
1. Bachelor program and master program for educational education are taught in Chinese.
2. Students applying for bachelor program should generally pass the Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK) before entering the school, i.e. the original Level-5 of Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK5) or Level-4 of the International Chinese Proficiency Standard (HSK4). Those who have not obtained the above-mentioned Chinese proficiency test grade must first take one year’s preparatory study after entering the school, and the school shall organize and carry out Chinese proficiency training. After the training is completed, they can only obtain formal status as students and transfer to relevant majors after passing the HSK test. When undergraduates graduate, their Chinese proficiency must reach HSK5 level.
3. Students applying for master program should reach HSK5 level before entering the school.
(III) Other requirements
Applicants should be at least 18 years old in health without bad records. The age of application for bachelor program shall not exceed 28 years old, and the age of application for master program shall not exceed 40 years old.
V. Scholarship and Subsidy
(I) Anhui Provincial Governmental Scholarship
All long-term foreign students who apply to study in our school will have the opportunity to obtain the “Anhui Foreign Student Scholarship” set up by the Anhui provincial government. The annual scholarship of the postgraduate students is 30,000 Yuan per person and that of the undergraduate students is 20,000 Yuan per person.
Deadline for application for scholarships for foreign students in Anhui Province: May 31 each year.
(II) “President Scholarship” of AHJZU
International students (academic students) who have applied to study for bachelor program or master program in our university have the opportunity to obtain the “President Scholarship” set up by Anhui Jianzhu university, but it does not coincide with the “Anhui Foreign Student Scholarship”. Among them, for bachelor students, the first-class scholarship is 20,000 Yuan/academic year, the second-class scholarship is 18,000 Yuan/academic year, and the third-class scholarship is 16,000 Yuan/academic year; for master students, the first-class scholarship is 25,000 Yuan/academic year, the second-class scholarship is 23,000 Yuan/academic year, and the third-class scholarship is 21,000 Yuan/academic year. The “President Scholarship” for non-academic students (preppy and further study students) is 16,000 Yuan per person.
Deadline for application for “President Scholarship”: June 30 each year.
(III) “The Belt and Road Scholarship” of AHJZU
Students from countries and regions along “the Belt and Road” who apply to study in our school and are accepted have the opportunity to obtain “The Belt and Road Scholarship” set up by Anhui Jianzhu University, but it does not coincide with the “Anhui Foreign Student Scholarship” and the “President Scholarship”. Among them, 26,000 Yuan/academic year is for students with academic students of bachelor program and 31,000 Yuan/academic year is for master program and 20,000 Yuan/academic year is for non-academic students (preppy and further study students).
Deadline for application for “The Belt and Road Scholarship”: June 30 each year.
(IV) “Single Excellent Scholarship”
Outstanding international students (students with academic or non-academic qualifications) studying in our university have the opportunity to obtain the “Single Excellent Scholarship” set up by our university, and will be rewarded with the corresponding amount according to the relevant standards of the Management and Reward Measures for Discipline and Specialty Competitions of Students in Anhui Jianzhu University.
Application date for “Single Excellent Scholarship”: based on the notice.
(V) Inner-school Prat-time Job
All international students (over 6 months) who come to the university to study have the opportunity to apply for part-time jobs or research assistance provided by professors.
VI. Study Expenses
1. Bachelor: 15,000 Yuan/year;
2. Master: 20,000 Yuan/year;
3. Preppy of language study and further study students: 13,000 Yuan/year;
(II) Accommodation fee
Double room: 3,000 Yuan/academic year; single room: 4,500 Yuan/academic year;
2. Further study students:
Double room: 2,000 Yuan/academic semester; single room: 3,500 Yuan/academic semester.
(III) Living expenses
(IV) Book cost
About 500 Yuan per academic year.
(V) Other costs
1. Entry fee: 400 Yuan; 2. Premium: about 800 Yuan per year; 3. Physical examination fee: 400 Yuan; 4. Residence permit fee: 800 Yuan for the whole year and 400 Yuan for less than a year.
(Remark: 1. All expenses shall be paid in RMB. 2. Tuition shall be paid in one lump sum before the start of each semester or before classes begin. 3. Tuition is generally not refundable after payment.)
VII. Application Materials
1. Application Form for Admission of Foreign Students to Anhui Jianzhu University, Application Form for Scholarship for Foreign Students in Anhui Province and Application Form for Scholarship for International Students to Anhui Jianzhu University;
2. Notarized highest academic qualification certificate. If the applicant is a student in school, he/she must submit an in-school certificate issued by his/her school (notarized Chinese or English translation shall be attached to the text except Chinese and English);
3. Notarized transcript of study (notarized Chinese or English translation must be attached to texts other than Chinese and English);
4. Study or research programs in China (not less than 800 words) (written in Chinese or English);
5. Letter of recommendation (for applying for a master program, the letter of recommendation from two professors or associate professors must be submitted and signed and sealed by the school where they are located);
6. A photocopy of the Physical Examination Form for Foreigners must be filled out in English and the original must be carried with you when you come to China.
7. Copy of the applicant’s passport;
8. Students applying to study for a bachelor or master program in our school must provide proof of HSK results. Applicants without a Chinese foundation must have a 1-2-year learning on Chinese.
9. Bank deposit certificate. (at least equivalent to 50,000 Yuan)
10. Eight recent identification photos (the size is the same as that of passport photos).
11. Others: published articles and achievements, various award certificates and certification materials.
VIII. Application Procedure
1. Download and fill in the Application Form for Admission of Foreign Students to Anhui Jianzhu University and Application Form for Scholarship of Foreign Students in Anhui Province from the website of the International Office of Anhui Jianzhu University (http://www.ahjzu.2020hondas.comjlhz/) and send them together with scanned copies of other application materials to the mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org;
2. Payment of registration fee: overseas students with academic qualifications shall pay the registration fee of 400 Yuan (the admission fee will not be refunded);
Remittance Bank: Hefei Zhonglou Banch of China Construction Bank
Bank ID: PCBCCNBJAHX
Account name: Anhui Jianzhu University
Account number: 34001488608053004911
(This account is RMB account. It is recommended to use RMB remittance. )
3. After receiving the complete application materials and remittance vouchers, the school’s International Student Enrollment Review Committee will conduct a fair and impartial review of each applicant’s materials;
4. After confirming the admission list, the school will officially inform the students of the admission results. If accepted, the school will send an electronic admission notice. After the students pay a certain deposit (2,000 Yuan), the school will officially send the admission notice, JW202 visa application form and other texts. (Deposit will not be refunded if you do not report on time)
5. Students hold relevant texts and materials to the Chinese embassy or consulate in the host country to apply for a study visa in China;
6. The students came to the school newspaper according to the requirements of the school notice.
IX. Date of Application for Enrollment
January-August each year is for application for enrollment and September is for registration.
X. Material Mailing Address
Postal code: 230601
Contact No.: +86-551-63828017